Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Feb 2023
The University of Notre Dame Australia is committed to delivering an excellent student experience, alongside a high standard of teaching, research, and training. As a leader in ethical education, Notre Dame aims to develop students’ critical reasoning and their ability to make ethical decisions—crucial skills to progressing their careers and leading purposeful lives. At Notre Dame, students navigate their future with an ethical education online.
Learn more about UNDA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On completion of this subject students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
1. Solve complex physical problems using differential equations.
2. Apply the theory of differential equations to modelling real-world phenomena.
3. Apply concepts related to the theory of multivariable functions.
4. Solve constrained optimisation problems.
5. Communicate theoretical concepts to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Differential equations, modelling, series, multivariable functions, integration and partial differential equations
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
Advanced Calculus is designed to instruct students in areas of modern calculus and its applications to real world phenomena. The subject covers differential equations, modelling, series, multivariable functions, integration and partial differential equations. It is designed to further students’ mathematical content knowledge as well as their skills in communicating complex mathematical knowledge and ideas.
Continuous assessment - 50% Final Exam -50%
- Oral presentation on problems. (20%)
- Final exam (50%)
- Written class test. (30%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).