Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of this course students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
1. Solve complex physical problems using differential equations.
2. Apply the theory of differential equations to modelling real-world phenomena.
3. Apply concepts related to the theory of multivariable functions.
4. Solve constrained optimisation problems.
5. Communicate theoretical concepts to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Differential equations, modelling, series, multivariable functions, integration and partial differential equations
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
Advanced Calculus is designed to instruct students in areas of modern calculus and its applications to real world phenomena. The course covers differential equations, modelling, series, multivariable functions, integration and partial differential equations. It is designed to further students’ mathematical content knowledge as well as their skills in communicating complex mathematical knowledge and ideas.
Continuous assessment - 50% Final Exam -50%
- Oral presentation on problems. (20%)
- Final exam (50%)
- Written class test. (30%)