Warning! This subjects requires on campus attendance. Refer to Special Requirements for more information.
French Language 2A
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Online & on-campus
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate increasing autonomy in listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in French;
- utilise intermediate structures and functions of the French language, in particular grammatical structures;
- communicate in French with some depth on selected topics;
- apply extended knowledge of French cultural norms and society; and
- use developed cognitive skills to analyse and synthesise information when communicating.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
Candidature in the Diploma in Modern Languages To enrol in this subject you will need to pass the Prerequisite/s. Please note as UNE results are released after the close of enrolment date, your enrolment into this subject will be withdrawn if you do not pass the prerequisite subject/s.
- Attendance requirements - There is a non-mandatory 2 day intensive school for this subject which students may choose to attend. This Intensive School will be held at the UNE Sydney campus in Parramatta, NSW if sufficient students commit by the date specified by the unit coordinator. Dates for this intensive school to be advised.
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- Other requirements -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
This subject follows on from UNE-FREN101 and UNE-FREN102. Students will develop their ability to read, understand, write and speak at an intermediate level of French as well as revising basic grammatical points. The subject develops the ability to communicate in French with some depth on selected topics. Students will acquire knowledge of French cultural norms and society.
Assessment 1 Written language exercises: 750 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 Assessment 2 Comprehension and speaking assessment: 1250 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5 Assessment 3 Oral interview (online): 1250 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5 Assessment 4 Take Home Exam: 2000 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5
- Written language exercises. (10%)
- Comprehension and speaking assessment. (20%)
- Oral interview. This will take place via an online platform. (20%)
- Take Home Exam - 2 hrs 30 mins (50%)
Diploma in Modern Languages
- Chinese Language Major
- French Language Major
- German Language Major
- Indonesian Language Major
- Italian Language Major
- Japanese Language Major