Undergraduate | LTU-EDU4WBL | 2024
Course information for 2024 intakeView information for 2023 course intake
- Study method
- Online & on-campus
- 100% online
- Entry requirements
- Part of a degree
- 6 weeks
- 22 Apr 2024,
- 16 Sept 2024
HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP available
About this subject
On successful completion you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to consistently plan and assess whole programs for effective learning.
- Construct, apply and maintain a safe and challenging learning environment.
- Employ a range of teaching practices and resources to engage children in effective learning.
- Undertake full planning and administrative responsibility for a consecutive two-week block, inclusive of parent liaison and supervision of support workers.
- How Does Philosophy Translate Into Practice?
- Pedagogical Documentation
- The Importance of Critical Reflection in Teacher Decision Making
In this subject students complete a culminating placement in their focus area. The practicum associated with this subject is a work-based experience in a supervised capacity. This subject enables you to participate in an authentic program with an emphasis on applied learning. You are required to undertake Professional experience of 20 days.
- Task 1A: Analysis of Practice-diagnostic task (10%) (200 words). Task1B: Analysis of Practice (40%) (1800 words) (50%)
- Evidencing Professional Practice (2000 words) (50%)
- Professional Experience Hurdle requirement - 20 days placement. (0%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 38,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
Explore La Trobe courses.
- QS Ranking 2023:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2023:
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- LAT-ECE-DEG-2024 - Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- Placement requirements - Professional experience of 20 days.
This is in the range of 10 to 12 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following degrees