Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
- Setting the Scene - the Early Learning Context
- Roles and Responsibilities in the Early Learning Centre
- The Importance of Relationships
- Observing, Interpreting and Documenting Children's Learning
- Learning Environments
- Fostering Cognitive & Language Development
- Transitions, Resilience and Self Regulation
- Promoting Children's Health and Safety
- Managing to Support Quality
- Leadership in the Early Learning Context
- Community Projects and Cultural Competency
- Block Placement
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- PlacementDetails - Includes Placement
This subject will require the practical application of curriculum and early childhood pedagogy appropriate to young children in early learning settings. Students will be provided with an opportunity to develop a leadership style through engaging with the organisational culture and professional learning community while attending a practicum in an accredited Early Learning Centre working with babies, toddlers and young children. The placement will comprise of a 1 day visit for 10 weeks immediately followed by a block of 15 consecutive days. Planning and implementing high quality learning experiences and supportive environments to maximise learning opportunities for infants, toddlers and young children will be a feature of this subject. Students will build on previous practicum experiences to build collaborative partnerships with families and colleagues. The subject will examine National and State law and policy and the impact these have on early learning environments, families and children. Passing this subject is contingent on successful completion of the professional practice component of the subject.
To view the Practicum Calendar, please see below:
EDE325 Practicum Calendar 2018 (PDF, 37KB)
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (50%)
- ePortfolio (50%)
- Prof Placement (Pass/Fail%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Education Early Childhood Education
- Restricted Subjects - Level 2
- Restricted Subjects - Level 3
- Restricted Subjects - Level 4
- Restricted Subjects - Level 4 Internship