Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Embedded Multimedia
- Streaming Multimedia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Online assignment submission
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- PlacementDetails - The fieldwork for this subject is a school-based professional experience placement comprising of one full school term, preceded by five days of school observation. The term placement must be undertaken on a full-time basis in a continuous block. Please note that all relevant, valid working with children checks and clearances must be provided as requested prior to commencement of the placement.
This subject was previously known as EDC421 Transition to the Teaching Profession.
All core and elective subjects must be completed before students can enrol in their final subject, EDC450 Professional Experience 4: The Internship. Students will need to contact email@example.com requesting permission to enrol in EDC450 Professional Experience 4: The Internship. Once we have confirmation that the student has satisfied the above requirements, then the restriction will be lifted.
This final subject in the suite of professional experience subjects is referred to as the Internship. It is for one full school term conducted in a full-time continuous block at the specified time. All required clearances for working with children must be valid and other subjects within the degree must be completed and passed in order to undertake the Internship. This subject provides students with the opportunity to exercise the professional skills, knowledge and attitudes in a school setting that demonstrate their classroom readiness. During this sustained professional experience, students will be required to demonstrate that they meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the Graduate Career stage. This is done through a practical and a theoretical assessment. Both the practical and theoretical assessments must be undertaken together and passed in order to pass the subject. The professional experience practical assessment requires successful completion of the Internship. The theoretical assessment is a teaching performance assessment.
To view the Practicum Calendar, please see below:
EDC450 Practicum Calendar 2019 (PDF, 59KB)
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Teaching Performance Assessment (Pass/Fail%)
- Professional Experience (100%)
Bachelor of Education Secondary Education
- Core Education Subjects - Unrestricted
- Major in The Arts (Visual Arts) Education
- Major in English Education
- Major in Humanities and Social Sciences Education