Interior Design Studio - Well Being
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 May 2023
- 27 Nov 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- create a design proposition that addresses the user experience in relation to a healthcare environment
- evaluate relevant theory in relation to the design of healthcare environments
- incorporate within a design proposition, technological systems and strategies that will improve environmental qualities, and will be socially, culturally and environmentally sustainable
- effectively and appropriately communicate the complexities of a design proposition
- communicate a resolved design outcome with construction and detailing approaches developed through research
- Defining your project and well being
- Incorporating Concepts
- Healthcare Design
- Planning Workshop for Healthcare
- Technology System Solutions
- Evidence Based Design
- Future Technology Systems and Materials
- Drafting and Documentation
- Work on Final Design Proposal
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
This subject was previously known as Interior Architecture Technology Driven Design.
In this design studio students will investigate the complexities of healthcare environments, and consider how the interior experience can contribute to a sense of wellness and the process of healing. Design approaches to services integration, materiality and detailing will be informed by the user experience. Design methodologies and explorations are informed by research, resulting in a well detailed, resolved spatial outcome. Cultural values and perspectives are explored and incorporated in the design proposition. Design prototyping and testing are to be done through digital fabrication and simulated environments.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Concept Design Proposal (20%)
- Design Development Presentation (40%)
- Final Design Presentation (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).