You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- A Culture of Consumption and Extreme Users
- In the Field: Sensory, Visual and Spatial Ethnography
- Analysing Interiors: Understanding the User Experience
- Search for Meaning: Themes, Patterns and Insight
- From Insight to Ideation
- Ideate & Brainstorm
- Conditions, Collisions and Connections
- Prototype and Feedback: Tactile, Tangible & Physical
- Prototype and Feedback: Macro_Narrative, Assembly & Sequence
- Prototype and Feedback: Micro_Body-interior relationships
- Communicating Your Design
- Critical Reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This subject was previously known as Interior Architecture Extreme, Complex and Bizarre Studio.
This theory informed design studio unit aims to synthesize and stretch the students' understanding and application of design methodologies towards speculating on and imagining new visions for the future. It focuses on extreme, complex and bizarre environments, such as space travel or the underground bunker. Philosophical and theoretical readings are explored as other ways of thinking and seeing the world. Similarly, possibilities for geographic, built and spatial typologies and material realities are investigated. This unit involves fieldwork.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Group Project Presentation (35%)
- Individual Project Presentation (15%)
- Design Project (50%)