You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Defining your project and well being
- Incorporating concepts
- Healthcare Design
- Technology System Solutions and Introduction
- Technology Systems
- Conceptual Design Development
- Resolving your Design by documentation
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
This subject was previously known as Interior Architecture Technology Driven Design.
In this design studio students will investigate the complexities of healthcare environments, and consider how the interior experience can contribute to a sense of wellness and the process of healing. Design approaches to services integration, materiality and detailing will be informed by the user experience. Design methodologies and explorations are informed by research, resulting in a well detailed, resolved spatial outcome. Cultural values and perspectives are explored and incorporated in the design proposition.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Concept Design Proposal (20%)
- Design Development Presentation (40%)
- Final Design Presentation (40%)
Textbooks are not required.