- As this is an individual research project that students will be working on, there are no set topics in this unit
- Students will be allocated time to discuss their research project with a supervisor on a weekly basis
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Assignment 1 - Research Proposal (Non-Marked) (%)
- Assignment 2 - Research Methodology Exercise (Non-Marked) (%)
- Assignment 3 - Thesis plus viva (100%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
This subject enables the opportunity for students to pursue their major research project topic towards resolution. In consultation with their supervisors, students will have the opportunity to further develop their learning towards resolution of the research project. Core theory, technological strategies, and/or practices continue to be interrogated at an advanced level. Students are required to appropriately structure their research strategies in relation to the evolution of their particular topic, deploying appropriate methodologies and methods. Projects are expected to be framed within appropriate interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary theoretical and practice-based discourse. The work produced in this final research Studio is expected to demonstrate an awareness of and contribution to strategic and disruptive design thinking and practice. In resolution, the design methodologies and communication strategies are expected to challenge assumptions, to challenge what is already known by envisaging, speculating on, and/or demonstrating new design thinking and practice, and is expected to contribute to discipline knowledge.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.