Interior Architecture Research Studio 2
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- synthesise advanced theoretical and technical knowledge and data in one or more disciplines to inform an Interior related research project towards resolution
- synthesise high level independent judgements to progress the research project's resolution and original contribution to discipline knowledge, principles, concepts and practice
- generate and evaluate complex ideas through a well-developed research structure, demonstrating advanced theoretical and technical knowledge and skills for professional or highly skilled work and/or further learning
- assess, compare and incorporate cultural and global perspectives to inform a resolution of the research project
- communicate the complexities of the resolved research project clearly in text, orally and visually.
- As this is an individual research project that students will be working on, there are no set topics in this unit
- Students will be allocated time to discuss their research project with a supervisor on a weekly basis
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
- Other requirements -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This subject enables the opportunity for students to pursue their major research project topic towards resolution. In consultation with their supervisors, students will have the opportunity to further develop their learning towards resolution of the research project. Core theory, technological strategies, and/or practices continue to be interrogated at an advanced level. Students are required to appropriately structure their research strategies in relation to the evolution of their particular topic, deploying appropriate methodologies and methods. Projects are expected to be framed within appropriate interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary theoretical and practice-based discourse. The work produced in this final research Studio is expected to demonstrate an awareness of and contribution to strategic and disruptive design thinking and practice. In resolution, the design methodologies and communication strategies are expected to challenge assumptions, to challenge what is already known by envisaging, speculating on, and/or demonstrating new design thinking and practice, and is expected to contribute to discipline knowledge.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Research Proposal (Non-Marked) (0%)
- Research Methodology Exercise (Non-Marked) (0%)
- Thesis plus viva (100%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Textbooks are not required.
Bachelor of Applied Science Interior Architecture
- Level Four Subjects
- Level Four Subjects - Honours Stream