Interior Architecture Research Studio 2
Kick-start your own self-directed research project into a core area of interior architecture. Decide on an experimental, practical or mixed-focus approach to your project. Take on new research and analysis methods. Reflect critically on your work.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Aug 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- synthesise advanced theoretical and technical knowledge and data in one or more disciplines to inform an Interior related research project towards resolution
- synthesise high level independent judgements to progress the research project's resolution and original contribution to discipline knowledge, principles, concepts and practice
- generate and evaluate complex ideas through a well-developed research structure, demonstrating advanced theoretical and technical knowledge and skills for professional or highly skilled work and/or further learning
- assess, compare and incorporate cultural and global perspectives to inform a resolution of the research project
- communicate the complexities of the resolved research project clearly in text, orally and visually.
- As this is an individual research project that students will be working on, there are no set topics in this unit
- Students will be allocated time to discuss their research project with a supervisor on a weekly basis
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
This subject enables the opportunity for students to pursue their major research project topic towards resolution. In consultation with their supervisors, students will have the opportunity to further develop their learning towards resolution of the research project. Core theory, technological strategies, and/or practices continue to be interrogated at an advanced level. Students are required to appropriately structure their research strategies in relation to the evolution of their particular topic, deploying appropriate methodologies and methods. Projects are expected to be framed within appropriate interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary theoretical and practice-based discourse. The work produced in this final research Studio is expected to demonstrate an awareness of and contribution to strategic and disruptive design thinking and practice. In resolution, the design methodologies and communication strategies are expected to challenge assumptions, to challenge what is already known by envisaging, speculating on, and/or demonstrating new design thinking and practice, and is expected to contribute to discipline knowledge.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Research Proposal (Non-Marked) (0%)
- Research Methodology Exercise (Non-Marked) (0%)
- Thesis plus viva (100%)
Textbooks are not required.