- As this is an individual project that students will be working on, there are no set topics in this unit.
- Students will be allocated time to discuss their project with a supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- CUR-BIA350-Interior Design Studio 10 - Future
- CUR-BIA360-Interior Design Studio 9 - Workplace
- CUR-BIA370-Exploration and Manifestation of Interiors
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This studio encompasses the role and relevance of interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary research in contemporary design practice, reflecting on, synthesising, and building discipline related knowledge and expertise. Students select a topic of particular personal relevance and interest, to interrogate, position and develop a research project in consultation with their supervisor. The processes, including design as research, will demonstrate advanced theoretical and technical knowledge in one or more disciplines or areas of practice.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Research Proposal (Non-Marked) (%)
- Assignment 2 - Research Methodology Exercise (Non-Marked) (%)
- Assignment 3 - Thesis plus viva (100%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject