Interior Architecture Research Studio 1
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will:
- evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge in one or more disciplines or areas of practice to initiate and develop an Interior related research project
- develop a research structure to enable the interrogation and evaluation of a particular project that contributes to discipline knowledge
- work independently to critically analyse, evaluate and apply advanced discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to a project
- incorporate cultural and global perspectives to inform the development of the research project
- communicate the complexities of the research project clearly in text, orally and visually.
- As this is an individual project that students will be working on, there are no set topics in this unit.
- Students will be allocated time to discuss their project with a supervisor on a weekly basis.
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
- Other requirements -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This studio encompasses the role and relevance of interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary research in contemporary design practice, reflecting on, synthesising, and building discipline related knowledge and expertise. Students select a topic of particular personal relevance and interest, to interrogate, position and develop a research project in consultation with their supervisor. The processes, including design as research, will demonstrate advanced theoretical and technical knowledge in one or more disciplines or areas of practice.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Research Proposal (Non-Marked) (0%)
- Research Methodology Exercise (Non-Marked) (0%)
- Thesis plus viva (100%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Textbooks are not required.
Bachelor of Applied Science Interior Architecture
- Level Four Subjects
- Level Four Subjects - Honours Stream