Interior Architecture Research Studio 1
Draw on your mastery of interior architecture fundamentals during this self-directed project. Identify a core focus for your study. Integrate advanced research strategies. Filter findings through cultural, historical and international viewpoints.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 24 Feb 2019
- 25 Aug 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will:
- evaluate and synthesise relevant knowledge in one or more disciplines or areas of practice to initiate and develop an Interior related research project
- develop a research structure to enable the interrogation and evaluation of a particular project that contributes to discipline knowledge
- work independently to critically analyse, evaluate and apply advanced discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to a project
- incorporate cultural and global perspectives to inform the development of the research project
- communicate the complexities of the research project clearly in text, orally and visually.
- As this is an individual project that students will be working on, there are no set topics in this unit.
- Students will be allocated time to discuss their project with a supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This studio encompasses the role and relevance of interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary research in contemporary design practice, reflecting on, synthesising, and building discipline related knowledge and expertise. Students select a topic of particular personal relevance and interest, to interrogate, position and develop a research project in consultation with their supervisor. The processes, including design as research, will demonstrate advanced theoretical and technical knowledge in one or more disciplines or areas of practice.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Research Proposal (Non-Marked) (0%)
- Research Methodology Exercise (Non-Marked) (0%)
- Thesis plus viva (100%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.