Interior Architecture Project Studio 2
Push beyond your interior architecture studies to date and envisage new methods, processes and technologies. Touch base with your supervisor weekly to gain insight and inspiration. Plan and create an original self-directed architecture project.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- initiate, plan an original idea through design. applying knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, well-developed judgement and responsibility, including self-directed work and learning
- develop and argue a position relevant to a design project that incorporates theory, cultural perspectives and technical knowledge
- communicate complex ideas verbally, graphically and through writing in a manner appropriate to the project and the audience
- evaluate and incorporate discipline methods, knowledge, principles and concepts to create a project, demonstrating depth in one or more disciplines or areas of practice
- synthesise knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, well-developed judgement and responsibility, including self-directed work and learning.
- As this is an individual project that students will be working on, there are no set topics in this unit
- Students will be allocated time to discuss their project with a supervisor on a weekly basis
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
- Other requirements -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
Under the direction of experienced Interior Design practitioners, students are offered a professional environment which incorporates a breadth of practice and academic experiences relevant to the discipline of interior architecture. Each student will initiate and develop an individual Interior Architecture design project aimed at developing their design expertise. Students are required to identify, explore and extend their chosen project, testing spatial ideas and concepts in relation to human occupation beyond pre-existing and embedded assumptions and inclusive of cultural and international perspectives. Students are encouraged to demonstrate innovative, reflective design practice, drawing from their existing body of work to demonstrate an emerging identity as a designer, while demonstrating command over relevant practice conventions and communication techniques and strategies.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project Proposal (20%)
- Preliminary Design Project (30%)
- Final Design Project (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Textbooks are not required.
Bachelor of Applied Science Interior Architecture
- Level Four Subjects
- Level Four Subjects - Honours Stream