- As this is an individual project that students will be working on, there are no set topics in this unit.
- Students will be allocated time to discuss their project with a supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Online Assessment
- Assignment 1 - Project Proposal Presentation (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Concept Proposal Presentation (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Final Design Project (50%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
Under the direction of experienced Design practitioners, this studio subject offers a professional environment which incorporates a breadth of practice and academic experiences relevant to the discipline of interior architecture. Each student will initiate and develop an individual Interior Architecture design project aimed at developing their design expertise. Students are required to identify, explore and extend their chosen project, testing spatial ideas and concepts in relation to human occupation beyond pre-existing and embedded assumptions. Students will engage in innovative, reflective design practice, drawing from their existing body of work, skills and knowledge to demonstrate an emerging identity as a designer, while demonstrating command over relevant practice conventions and communication techniques and strategies.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.