Interior Architecture Project Studio 1
Undertake a major interior architecture project. Draw on the feedback of your peers and supervisors. Learn how to bridge practical considerations and the client’s expectations. Ponder how your design reflects international and cultural trends.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will:
- initiate, plan and create an original proposition through design processes
- critique, reflect on and test design propositions
- evaluate and adapt communication methods to appropriately communicate an evidence-based design proposition to a particular audience
- apply discipline knowledge creatively to the project in readiness for professional practice.
- As this is an individual project that students will be working on, there are no set topics in this unit.
- Students will be allocated time to discuss their project with a supervisor on a weekly basis.
Under the direction of experienced Design practitioners, this studio subject offers a professional environment which incorporates a breadth of practice and academic experiences relevant to the discipline of interior architecture. Each student will initiate and develop an individual Interior Architecture design project aimed at developing their design expertise. Students are required to identify, explore and extend their chosen project, testing spatial ideas and concepts in relation to human occupation beyond pre-existing and embedded assumptions. Students will engage in innovative, reflective design practice, drawing from their existing body of work, skills and knowledge to demonstrate an emerging identity as a designer, while demonstrating command over relevant practice conventions and communication techniques and strategies.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project Proposal Presentation (20%)
- Concept Proposal Presentation (30%)
- Final Design Project (50%)
Textbooks are not required.