- Scientific Literacy
- Constructivism, Alternative frameworks
- National Curriculum, SU, SIS, SHE
- Teaching Strategies, 5 E Model
- Lesson Planning
- Assessment, Report writing
- Science Safety, Classroom management
- Programming and Planning, 5 E Model revisited
- ICT and Science, Literacies of Science, Resources
- Integrated Science, Resources
- Excursions, Review, revisit and reflect
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
What does it look like, feel like and smell like? In this subject the inquiry process provides the framework through which students investigate science in the primary classroom. Students will create and participate in inquiry focused hands-on activities across the science learning areas of the Australian Curriculum. This subject will focus on fostering a positive and engaging environment to promote students’ scientific literacy and will consider lesson planning, teaching strategies and assessment forms in the context of the science classroom. The subject will also evaluate the raft of science resources and technologies available for primary classrooms. There is a focus on promoting students’ ability to develop primary school learners’ knowledge and skills to work scientifically, and to foster a positive attitude to science, and apply science knowledge to better understand the world around them.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (45%)
- Take Home Exam (10%)
- Sequence of 5 Lesson Plans (45%)
Textbook information is pending.