Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this unit, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
- PlacementDetails - There is a three-week full-time practicum placement attached to this unit. The placements are organised by Curtin University in accordance with guidelines. Information about practicums is available from the Curtin Practicum website
Students enrolled prior to 2015 in the Graduate Diploma Information & Library Studies and Graduate Diploma Records Management & Archives are required to complete this subject.
Coursework explores key theories and research in information management. The contribution of research to professional practice and scholarship; research methods; research techniques and tools, scholarly communication, and ethical considerations.
There is a three-week full-time practicum placement attached to this subject. The placements are organised by Curtin University in accordance with guidelines and student application information readily available from the Curtin Practicum website at: http://humanities.curtin.edu.au/schools/MCCA/information_studies/practicum.cfm
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Exercise (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Essay (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Report (40%)