- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this unit, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
No special requirements
The role of information services in user education, information literacy and life-long learning. Standards and tools to guide and measure information literacy programs. The role of information technology in information literacy and user education. User education activities for individuals and groups. Learning styles and education theory. Planning, management and promotion of user education programs. Evaluation of user education programs.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Assessment — Exercise (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Essay (25%)
- Assignment 3 - Report (25%)