- Measuring Civil Engineering Works
- Measuring Site Clearance and Demolition
- Measuring Excavation and Filling
- Measuring Slopes, Tunnels and Shafts
- Measuring Dredging, Piling and Caissons
- Measuring Roads, Pavings and Railway Track Works
- Introduction to Measuring Mechanical Installations
- Measuring Simple Mechanical Services
- Measuring Simple Electrical Installations
- Introduction to Measuring Hydraulic Services
- Measuring Simple Plumbing Services
- Measuring Simple Drainage Services
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 2 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Civils and Service Measurement.
An examination of the principles and rules of engineering measurement in infrastructure and industrial projects, using Australian and international standard methods of measurement. The subject focuses on measurement of construction works not classified as simple [residential, institutional and commercial] building works, rather civil and resource infrastructure as well as industrial projects.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment — Measurement Task (15%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Case Study — Group Task (35%)
Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management)
- Level 1 Open Subjects
- Level 2 Subjects
- Level 3 Subjects
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours