Build on your knowledge of the industry standards and rules for measuring construction works. Measure steelwork, stonework, roofing, ceilings, windows and doors. Understand building specs and drawings. Lay the foundation for builder’s quantities and estimates.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- interpret and communicate industry principles and rules for measuring detailed construction works
- interpret specifications and drawings for measuring detailed construction works
- produce measurements for detailed building works in accordance with industry principles and rules.
- Complex Groundworks Excavation and Filling
- Measuring Structural Concrete
- Concrete, Masonry and Stonework
- Measuring Structural Steelwork
- Measuring Roofing
- Measuring Ceilings
- Measuring Windows, Doors, Hardware and Glazing
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
- CUR-CME105-Introduction to Measurement of Construction Works
- CUR-CME160 (Not currently available)
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 1 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
This subject covers the principles and rules of building measurement using the Australian Standard Method of Measurement of Building Works. Students apply these principles and rules to the measurement of detailed construction works examples. Students will demonstrate alternative approaches to measurement for detailed builder’s quantities and estimates.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case study (50%)
- Measurement Assignment (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Applied Science Construction Management
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours