- What is science and what does it look like in early childhood (EC) education?
- The Australian Science Curriculum and science in the EYLF
- Science inquiry: Process skills and investigating
- Learning theories in EC science
- Managing science and chemical understandings
- Effective questioning
- Reasoning scientifically and multimodal representations: Physical science understandings
- Cross curricular priorities applied in science: Exploring Earth & Space understandings
- Planning constructively: Backwards planning of a science learning journey
- Enhancing young children's learning of science
- Science learning environments
- Sharing science resources and reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials
This subject investigates ways to support young children’s inquiry into natural science including environmental education and sustainability by engaging their curiosity and desire to explore science content. The subject examines pedagogical approaches, theoretical perspectives, and research which assist educators to plan and implement teaching and learning programs which engage children (birth - 8 years) in authentic and meaningful science experiences.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Report Planning Document (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Case Study (50%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject