Architectural Professional Project Delivery
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 May 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- prepare agreement brief and architectural documentation to recognised industry standards, and compare to international precedents
- critically evaluate the impact of an architect’s design and documentation and the role of consultants in the construction process
- employ a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach when working with other industry professionals to establish procurement methods and processes
- Winning a job: Preparing a brief and fee proposal
- Project stages and the design team
- Cover and acceptance letters - Client Architect Agreements
- Concept design: where to start
- Design Development
- Opinion of Probable Cost
- Contract Documentation: Overview
- Contract Documentation: Coordination
- Introduction to Specifications
- Contract Administration: Tendering and Building Contracts
- Contract Administration: During and Post-Construction
- Professional Ethics
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- Other requirements - Audio video equipment required. Access to the Internet. Admission to degree may be required.
This professional practice subject aims to provide a solid introduction to the skills, knowledge and processes required to execute and manage a small-scale architectural project. The subject also examines in detail the responsibilities of a project architect and the role of consultants in the construction industry. Additionally, this subject provides an introduction to procurement methods, specification writing, professional ethics and codes of conduct.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Administration (20%)
- Proposal and Brief and Development (40%)
- Documentation (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).