Strategic Management for Sustainability
Learn to keep organisations thriving into the future. Build a toolkit that will help you control and review the direction of a business. Learn how to apply strategies for competitive advantage and improved performance through real-world examples.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
- 24 Feb 2020
- 25 Nov 2020
Established in 1991 after amalgamating four eastern Australian Catholic tertiary institutes, Australian Catholic University now has seven campuses, from Brisbane to Melbourne and welcomes students of all beliefs. Specialising in arts, business, education, health sciences, law, theology and philosophy, ACU encourages its students to think critically and ethically and bring change to their communities and offer this online through Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Develop competencies in the processes involved in designing and implementing strategies, and effectively making creative decisions to solve managerial problems for the common good;
- Analyse strategic business environments and develop critically the process of formulation, implementation, evaluation and communication of sustainable strategies;
- Identify and critique different means by which organisations achieve competitive advantage for sustainability;
- Reflect the capabilities to think holistically about domestic and international organisational strategies in a variety of industries and circumstances;
- Critically analyse the ethical issues related to strategic management processes to achieve competitive advantage for sustainability.
- Introducing business strategy for sustainability
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Strategic management process
- Business environmental analyses
- Business competitive advantage for sustainability
- Ethical issues in strategic management
- Business, corporate and network level strategies
- Corporate governance for sustainability
- Implementation, change and organisational sustainability
- Global issues in strategic management
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
Knowledge about strategic management is essential in successfully determining the direction of an organisation’s future in a dynamic environment. This subject provides the conceptual frameworks and skills required by management for effective strategies for sustainable competitive advantages. Strategic management includes the formulation and implementation, as well as the process of control and review of strategic direction of an organisation. The aim of the subject is to provide a strong understanding of required strategic management knowledge for managerial application to improve an organisation performances. Subsequently, the subject uses this approach throughout, focusing content toward a distinctly real-world, global orientation for businesses to achieve common good.
Assessment is an integral part of the learning process. Assessment tasks in MGMT605 are aimed at developing and measuring student’s achievement of both the learning outcomes and graduate attributes noted above. In this unit to achieve the learning outcomes three (3) main pieces of summative assessment are used.
- Assignment 1 (30%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
- Written Report (40%)
Textbook information is pending.
Textbook information is pending.