Strategic Management for Sustainability
Your upfront cost: $0
- 22 Nov 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Develop competencies in the processes involved in designing and implementing strategies, and effectively making creative decisions to solve managerial problems for the common good;
- Analyse strategic business environments and develop critically the process of formulation, implementation, evaluation and communication of sustainable strategies;
- Identify and critique different means by which organisations achieve competitive advantage for sustainability;
- Reflect the capabilities to think holistically about domestic and international organisational strategies in a variety of industries and circumstances;
- Critically analyse the ethical issues related to strategic management processes to achieve competitive advantage for sustainability.
- Introducing business strategy for sustainability
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Strategic management process
- Business environmental analyses
- Business competitive advantage for sustainability
- Ethical issues in strategic management
- Business, corporate and network level strategies
- Corporate governance for sustainability
- Implementation, change and organisational sustainability
- Global issues in strategic management
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
Knowledge about strategic management is essential in successfully determining the direction of an organisation’s future in a dynamic environment. This subject provides the conceptual frameworks and skills required by management for effective strategies for sustainable competitive advantages. Strategic management includes the formulation and implementation, as well as the process of control and review of strategic direction of an organisation. The aim of the subject is to provide a strong understanding of required strategic management knowledge for managerial application to improve an organisation performances. Subsequently, the subject uses this approach throughout, focusing content toward a distinctly real-world, global orientation for businesses to achieve common good.
Assessment is an integral part of the learning process. Assessment tasks in MGMT605 are aimed at developing and measuring student’s achievement of both the learning outcomes and graduate attributes noted above. In this unit to achieve the learning outcomes three (3) main pieces of summative assessment are used.
- Assignment 1 (30%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
- Written Report (40%)
Current study term: 21 Nov 21 to 20 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.