Postgraduate | ACU-BUSN618 | 2023
- Study method
- 100% online
- 100% online
- Entry requirements
- Part of a degree
- 13 weeks
- 24 Apr 2023,
- 9 Oct 2023
About this subject
On successful completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Critically analyse and expound on previous research undertaken in the field;
- Apply an appropriate research methodology to a specific topic with the purpose of resolving a research problem, with appropriate focus on local and international perspectives
- Apply the knowledge of the field to the identified research problem from the ethical perspective;
- Evaluate research information/data by systematically locating, organising, synthesising and using relevant articles to structure, justify and explain statements and conclusions;
- Formulate a research report that is well-structured, editorially sound, properly referenced and correlated to the research problem.
- Development of a research proposal.
- Independent study under supervision.
- Independent research using an appropriate research methodology under supervision.
- Documenting the research project, including critical literature reviews, research activities, findings and analyses, including recommendations for further investigation if appropriate using a sound academic writing style
This is a 20 credit point subject in which students work with appointed supervisors on a piece of applied research related to their business specialisation. It is an individual program of supervised research which contributes significantly to a student’s knowledge and capabilities in an area of professional practice.
The assessment strategy is to determine whether students are able to draw on their learning in the pre-requisite subject, MGMT617 Research Methods, and other units in the relevant degree, to formulate and conduct a methodologically sound and appropriate investigation related to the subject matter of the course Where appropriate, the project should relate to the student’s major field of study. Where appropriate, the project should also relate to the student’s employment or professional experience and show an ability to link understanding, knowledge and skills developed throughout the relevant course to real-world issues in such a way as to be able to make recommendations based on logical and evidence-based analysis. Completion on one hurdle task and two pieces of assessment is required
- Project Proposal (10%)
- Project Report (90%)
- Compulsory Hurdle Task (0%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
Established in 1991 after amalgamating four eastern Australian Catholic tertiary institutes, Australian Catholic University now has seven campuses, from Brisbane to Melbourne and welcomes students of all beliefs. Specialising in arts, business, education, health sciences, law, theology and philosophy, ACU encourages its students to think critically and ethically and bring change to their communities and offer this online through Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about ACU.
Explore ACU courses.
- QS Ranking 2024:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2024:
To enrol in this subject, you must be admitted into a degree.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- ACU-BUSN617-Research Methods
ACU-MGMT617 (Not currently available)
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
ACU-MGMT618 (Not currently available)
No additional requirements
This is in the range of 20 to 24 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.