Organisational Dynamics and Behaviour
Your upfront cost: $0
- 18 Nov 2019
Established in 1991 after amalgamating four eastern Australian Catholic tertiary institutes, Australian Catholic University now has seven campuses, from Brisbane to Melbourne and welcomes students of all beliefs. Specialising in arts, business, education, health sciences, law, theology and philosophy, ACU encourages its students to think critically and ethically and bring change to their communities and offer this online through Open Universities Australia.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- critically evaluate organisational theory, design, and structure from local and international perspectives;
- analyse and model individual and group behaviours in organisational contexts, demonstrating an understanding of current theories in organisational dynamics from local and international perspectives;
- analyse organisational dynamics with regard to corporate culture, decision making, communication, conflict management and organisational change;
- demonstrate an understanding of the association between contemporary organisational theories, change practices, change management and respect for the dignity of each individual and for human diversity;
- evaluate and explain the ethical and social justice implications of organisational dynamic processes on individual and group behaviour, and the implications for the environment and society.
- Evolution of organisational theory and behaviour
- Individual and group behaviours: the diversity and dignity of individuals
- Organisational philosophy and corporate culture
- Designing Organisational Structure
- Ethical decision making
- Power and politics
- Organisational communication
- Conflict management
- Theories of organisational dynamics
- Managing change in organisations within the global context
- Innovation, Intra-preneurship and creativity Managerial ethics, diversity, and organisational change
- Emerging issues in organisational dynamics and behaviour
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject provides an overview of organisational dynamics and behaviour. Its purpose is to offer a theoretical and strategically focused understanding of organisational dynamics incorporating dynamic processes such as decision making, power and politics, organisational change, organisational communication and conflict management, and the implications these have on individual and group behaviour. These concepts are examined incorporating organisational theory and behaviour. Participants are encouraged to take a strategic approach to organisational dynamics processes using contemporary behavioural theories and practices in light of organisational and environmental changes.
A range of assessment procedures will be used to meet the unit learning outcomes and develop graduate attributes consistent with University assessment requirements. Such procedures may include, but are not limited to: essays, reports, examinations, student presentations or case studies.
- Essay (30%)
- Case Study (20%)
- Online Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.