International Business Environment
Learn what it takes to take a small-scale idea global – including how to consider economics, politics, culture and ethics. Observe how those who have succeeded plan, undertake and evaluate. Cover international financing, marketing and HR.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Examine the meaning and impact of globalisation on business, the creation of regional trading blocs and trade agreements
- Analyse the relevant political, cultural, economic and ethical factors in evaluating country risk
- Evaluate the reasons for benefits and problems associated with international trade
- Analyse the means of making and evaluating the return on foreign investment
- Critically evaluate the methods businesses use to penetrate foreign markets
- Examine the major issues involved in global production, outsourcing and logistics, marketing, research and development and Human Resource Management
- Globalisation and the world economy
- Difference between countries – politics, culture and ethics
- International trade theory
- The political economy of international trade
- Foreign direct investment
- Regional economic integration
- The global monetary system
- The strategy on international business
- Foreign market penetration
- International project evaluation
- Exporting, importing and countertrade
- Global production, outsourcing and logistics
- Global marketing and R & D
- Global Human Resource Management
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject is designed to introduce students to the issues involved in undertaking business in the global market place. We examine why businesses engage in international trade and business and consider the role that economics, politics, culture and ethics play in the decision to operate internationally. How organisations evaluate, plan and undertake international engagement and expansion are considered. We analyse the appropriate means for engaging in international trade and expansion given the nature of and circumstances facing the organisation. We introduce students to concepts of international financing, marketing and human resource management.
Full details of the assessments will be provided in the subject.
- Report (25%)
- Assignment (25%)
- Online Exam (50%)