Improving OHSE Performance
Compare various approaches to occupational health, safety and environment management.
Learn how to lead OHSE teams. Identify ways to bolster performance at all organisational levels. Focus on communicating with influence and management system audits.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 24 Feb 2019
- 24 Nov 2019
Established in 1991 after amalgamating four eastern Australian Catholic tertiary institutes, Australian Catholic University now has seven campuses, from Brisbane to Melbourne and welcomes students of all beliefs. Specialising in arts, business, education, health sciences, law, theology and philosophy, ACU encourages its students to think critically and ethically and bring change to their communities and offer this online through Open Universities Australia.
On successful completion of this subject, you should be able to:
- Calculate a lost time injury rate (LTIR) and review the utility of LTIR as an OHSE performance measure;
- Critically compare and contrast the various techniques used to measure and improve OHSE performance;
- Appraise the steps and processes in OHSE auditing and relate these to other organisational systems to maximise improvements in OHSE performance;
- Communicate effectively with business stakeholders, from senior leaders to employees, to measure and improve OHSE performance.
- Introduction to OHSE performance
- Application of OHSE Performance Measures - their derivation and use
- Critical Review of OHSE Performance Measures
- Strategic Planning and Business Case for OHSE
- Communicating OHSE with Senior Management and Boards of Management
- Communicating for Influence with Employees - Psychology of Safety Behaviour
- OHSE Performance and the Role of Audit
- The Audit Process
- OHSE Auditing
- Interview Skills for OHSE Practitioners
- Leading OHSE Teams
- Ethical Issues for OHSE Practitioners
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
ACU-OHSE601-Principles of OHSE Management , or ACU-OHS601
ACU-OHSE604-OHSE Law in Practice , or ACU-OHS604
ACU-OHSE603-Physical Hazards in Occupational Environments , or ACU-OHS603
ACU-OHSE602-OHSE Management Systems , or ACU-OHS602
No special requirements
This advanced subject covers best practice communication and management principles and practices to influence the improvement of OHSE performance at all levels of the organisation. OHSE performance measures, planning and conducting OHSE management systems audits, communicating OHSE with influence, the psychology of safety behaviour, and ethical issues for OHSE practitioners are some of the topics in this subject.
- Audit Report (45%)
- Online discussion (20%)
- Business Case (35%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.