QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Examine and apply the theory and context of entrepreneurship and the managerial, operational, strategic, and structural requirements for new business launch.
- Assess and analyse innovation opportunities
- Analyse ethical issues in entrepreneurial decision making from concept to stewardship and return on investment.
- Communicate solutions to entrepreneurial problems in professional context both in written format and verbally
- Critically evaluate the capital raising models and approaches used when investors evaluate new businesses as targets for investment.
- Apply the knowledge of strategy, stakeholders, marketing, innovation and design to formulate sustainable business models for new businesses.
- Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurs, and value creation
- Entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Start-up Strategy: Managing innovation
- Business Planning
- Operations and Risk Management
- Managing Growth and Uncertainty
- Intrapreneurship, Social Ventures and Ethics
- Succession Harvesting and Exists
- Emerging Trends in Entrepreneurship
- Business model design
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Entrepreneurial marketing
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No additional requirements
This subject provides an in depth study of the theory and context on Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurship. It will explore several dimensions surrounding business opportunity creation and growth, in corporate and start-up environments, underpinned by the questions, concerns and decisions made by entrepreneurs. The dimensions explored will cover conceptualisation, innovation, strategy, operations, financing, management, marketing and ethics in forming sustainable businesses that generate wealth for both individuals and society.
This subject intends to develop your knowledge of entrepreneurial processes in different organizational and industry settings. The major aim of this subject is to advance your knowledge of managing the complex process of launching a start-up and its innovative value proposition in different industries and how to analyse and suggest solutions to complex problems in entrepreneurial processes.
To pass this unit, you are required to complete and submit two graded assessment tasks and achieve an aggregate mark of at least 50%. Students are required to be assessed in relation to all the Learning Outcomes to be able to complete the unit. Marking will be by a rubric specifically developed to measure your level of achievement of the learning outcomes for each item of assessment. You will also be awarded a final grade which signifies your overall achievement in the Unit.
- Video Presentation (50%)
- Start up proposal (50%)