- Goals and functions of financial management
- Ethics, and common good in financial management
- Ethics and financial management
- Financial planning and working capital management
- Risk and return relationships and the valuation of financial assets
- Capital budgeting
- Cost of capital, leverage and capital structure
- Financing through debt and equity capital
- Dividend policy
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject provides students with necessary knowledge and skills needed to key business decisions relative to financing, investment and dividend are made. Students will need to understand the concepts of risk and return, raising funds through issuing shares and bonds, investment evaluation, dividend policy, cost of capital, capital structure, leverage, and working capital management. Students will also need to compare and contrast the role of finance managers in financing and investment decisions faced by all firms. You will further develop skills in analysing and developing strategies for making business decisions to generate sustainable shareholder value.
Assessments are used primarily to foster learning. ACU adopts a constructivist approach to learning that seeks alignment between the fundamental purpose of each unit, the learning outcomes, teaching and learning strategy, assessment and the learning environment. In order to pass this unit, you are required to achieve an overall score of at least 50%. Using constructive alignment, the assessment tasks are designed for you to demonstrate your achievement of each learning outcome.
- Report 1 (25%)
- Report 2 (25%)
- Online exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.