- Reading the Bible: "Word of God"?
- Genesis 1-11; The Pentateuch; The Torah
- The Exodus in Israel's religious history
- Wisdom literature in the Hebrew Bible
- Prophets and prophecy in Ancient Israel
- The historical books of the Bible
- Background to the New Testament; formation of the Gospels
- Synoptic Gospels; Johannine writings; infancy narratives
- Parables and miracles of Jesus
- Passion and resurrection of Jesus
- Life and letters of Paul
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Students may be required to buy headsets i.e. Logitech USB H390 or later model.
This subject is designed to introduce students to an informed critical reading of the biblical text as sacred scripture. Its aim is to enable students to broaden and deepen their engagement with the Bible as sacred scripture in a spirit of open and critical inquiry by drawing on a wide range of exegetical tools of interpretation.
- Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 (40%)
- Assignment 3 (40%)
Textbook information is pending.