- Further studies in the vocabulary of the Hebrew Bible (frequency of 50 or above = 742 total forms, 313 new forms), and studies in morphology, syntax
- Translation of select passages from the Hebrew Bible (e.g. Jonah) or passages of comparable length and difficulty
- Using the Hebrew Bible text critical apparatus.
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Virtual Classroom
- Online assignment submission
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This unit introduces students to the alphabet, basic morphology, syntax and vocabulary of Biblical Hebrew.
The assessment tasks for this unit are designed for students to demonstrate achievement of each learning outcome. Assessment in this unit attempts to focus on higher order thinking and also provide students with the opportunity to accept a high degree of responsibility for their learning. A range of assessment procedures will be used to meet the unit learning outcomes and develop graduate attributes consistent with University assessment requirements. Such procedures may include, but are not limited to: essays, reports, examinations, student presentations, case studies, online interactive student performance tasks.