- The relationship between Biblical Hebrew and other Semitic languages
- The alphabet, morphology and syntax of Biblical Hebrew
- An introduction to the most frequently used words and idioms in the Hebrew Bible
- A study of selected texts from the Hebrew Bible
- An introduction to various lexical tools for Hebrew exegesis.
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Virtual Classroom
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This unit introduces students to the alphabet, basic morphology, syntax and vocabulary of Biblical Hebrew.
The assessment tasks for this unit are designed for students to demonstrate achievement of each learning outcome. Assessment in this unit attempts to focus on higher order thinking and also provide students with the opportunity to accept a high degree of responsibility for their learning. A range of assessment procedures will be used to meet the unit learning outcomes and develop graduate attributes consistent with University assessment requirements. Such procedures may include, but are not limited to: essays, reports, examinations, student presentations, case studies, online interactive student performance tasks.