Why study religion online?
Delve into past and present religious traditions to understand the context for the issues that shape society today.
Religious studies draws on diverse religious experience and expression, and develops skills in analysing and interpreting texts. Graduates aren’t limited to faith-based careers, but can go on to use their skills in careers in the public sector, museums, schools and universities and the legal and political system.
When you study religion online, you can bring new understanding to your current career, while working towards a deeper insight into diverse viewpoints.
- Understand the roots of complex contemporary societal issues.
- Engage with diverse viewpoints, and uncover unique insight.
- Explore historical, social and cultural contexts.
- Develop skills in reading, critical thinking, and writing.
- Critical and analytical thinking through text analysis.
- Cultural engagement and understanding.
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Exploring the Sacred
Creed and Sacraments in Catholic Studies
- Bachelor of Education (Primary Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education) (Humanities and Social Sciences - Geography)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education) (The Arts - Visual Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education) (English Education)
World Religions Today
Why study online through Open Universities Australia?
Find the right course for you
Explore and choose from thousands of degrees, subjects and short courses from leading Australian unis.
Start studying, regardless of academic history
We offer entry without requirements through single undergraduate subjects from full degrees.
Gain credit towards your degree
Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish your studies faster.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Enrol through us and graduate with exactly the same qualifications as on-campus students.
Feel supported from start to finish
Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
Get going with OUA
Compare and apply
We’ll help you find the right course for you. Our student advisors are ready to answer your questions.
Work out your finances
During your enrolment, we’ll offer you the option to pay upfront in full, or defer your payment using a student loan. Remember to look into income tax deductions for course fees and study-related expenses.
Get credit for your success
We won’t let your hard work go unrecognised. Choose to take a single subject, or combine your work as part of a degree.