Why study community development online?
Work towards your goals, whether they encompass support for human rights, sustainable development or a focus on other issues of social change.
Use your study as a basis for work in the not-for-profit sector, consulting, project management, community projects, activism, academia, research, journalism, policy or the legal system.
Studying online means that you can build your skills at a pace that suits you- perhaps fitting in your study around existing work in the community.
Community development highlights
- Community development project design and management.
- Participatory research and evaluation.
- Examine how social policies impact the world.
Community development specialisations
- Leadership in community development.
- Engage critical thinking and communication skills.
- Understand sustainable development ethos.
Community development degrees
Bachelor of Arts (Community Development)
- Part I (Level 1) Core units - Major
- PART II (Level 3) Core units - Major
- PART II (Level 2) Core units - Major
Bachelor of Arts (Indigenous Studies)
- Major in Indigenous Studies Subjects
Bachelor of Arts
- Major in Community Development
- Major in International Aid and Development
- Major in Security, Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
- Major in Sustainable Development
Community development subjects
Why study online through OUA?
Find the right course for you
We can guide you in your selection from 290+ degrees, and 1,570+ subjects, from leading Australian unis.
Start studying, regardless of history
We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
Gain credit towards your degree
Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Enrol through us, and graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
Feel supported from start to finish
Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
Get going with OUA
Compare and apply
We’ll help you find the right course for you. Our student advisors are ready to answer your questions.
Work out your finances
During your enrolment, we’ll offer you the option to pay upfront in full, or defer your payment using a student loan. Remember to look into income tax deductions for course fees and study-related expenses.
Get credit for your success
We won’t let your hard work go unrecognised. Choose to take a single subject, or combine your work as part of a degree.