Master of Sports Coaching (2 years)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
- Join the longest running online sports coaching program in Australia, educating coaches worldwide for 20 years.
- Enjoy the convenience of flexible, online study and benefit from work-based learning and online collaboration with your peers, program staff and coaches.
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification through a program designed by elite coaches, expert academics, and world-leading researchers.
- Develop your coaching practice through practical, work-based learning approaches that can be tailored to your individual circumstances.
- Coach educator
- Coaching director
- Head coach
- Assistant coach
- High performance coach
- Performance director
- Sports development manager
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- a bachelor's degree and current coaching qualifications endorsed by a recognised sporting body (e.g. a national sporting organisation) or equivalent, and one year's coaching experience. The minimum GPA to be considered for admission into this program is 4.0, or
- a current coaching qualification endorsed by a recognised sporting body (e.g. a national sporting organisation) or equivalent, and five years coaching/high-performance sporting experience, comprising:
(a) 150 contact hours per year, and
(b) 450 hours per year in planning, preparation, self-reflection and learning, and continuing professional development.
High-performance sporting experience means experience in performance sport contexts that are primarily focused on peak performances at major competitions. These contexts will typically be characterised by intensive preparation over prolonged periods involving extensive intervention and interpersonal contact.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program. Assessment of prior learning and the granting of credit or exemption will be consistent with the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy (limits in section 2.4).
There is high demand for innovative and well-informed sports coaches, with widely recognised qualifications, in all sectors of domestic and international sport.