Master of Professional Engineering Leadership
Progress into senior engineering and management
Designed for Chartered Engineers to transition into management, this course will help you boost your established engineering career. Study a combination of engineering and business for leadership. Become a Chief Engineer or Engineering Executive.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Designed specifically for practicing engineers in industry and government who have been awarded Chartered Professional Engineer Status by Engineers Australia, this degree will enhance your engineering practice and extend your leadership skills. You will study four courses in both engineering and business to prepare you for senior and executive engineering leadership roles with assessment designed to complement your current work projects.
This degree will help Chartered Engineers transition to senior engineering, management and leadership roles such as Chief Engineer, Engineering Executive, Engineering Manager, Project/Porfolio Manager and other Corporate Executive roles in the engineering sector.
Applicants for the Master of Professional Engineering Leadership must:
- possess an accredited or recognised four-year Bachelor degree in Engineering from a recognised university (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) AND
- have been awarded Chartered Professional Engineer Status (CPEng) by Engineers Australia. Upon acceptance, students will be granted 40 credit points of advanced standing on the basis of their current Chartered Status through Engineers Australia.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English.
On campus requirements
This degree is offered online with each course taking six weeks to complete. You will focus on one course at a time with courses being completed in consecutive teaching periods.
No further credit in addition to the 40 credit points of advanced standing will be approved.
Recommended Study Pattern
Four consecutive six-week teaching periods.
To be eligible for the award of Master of Professional Engineering Leadership (MProfEngLead), you must successfully acquire 80 credit points as prescribed below:
- 40 credit points of advanced standing;
- 20 credit points of core courses;
- 20 credit points of listed elective courses.