Master of Professional Engineering (Engineering Management and Enterprise)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of this program graduates should be able to:
- Apply specialised and advanced theoretical knowledge that underpins the relevant engineering discipline to enable critical reflection on professional practice.
- Synthesise the social purposes of engineering and evaluate the performance and sustainability of engineered products and systems including the costs and benefits to the community.
- Apply cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate concepts and complex ideas across a range of engineering problems reflecting issues of sustainable practice in diverse social, environmental and technical contexts.
- Critically examine and autonomously evaluate evidence when justifying actions for technical, economic, environmental, ethical and cross-cultural issues, including those relevant to indigenous peoples.
- Apply project management skills and competencies in team leadership, communication and technical research to enable delivery of engineering projects within given project constraints.
- Communicate effectively in English, using a range of high-level oral, written and technology-based approaches, to justify theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Engage in further learning through research, scholarship and critical reflection, including defence of professional and ethical decision-making and apply a high level of personal autonomy and accountability to manage engagement with professional practice that is integrated and captured in their postgraduate program ePortfolio.
With the highly practical knowledge and skills you will gain in engineering management, research, innovation and entrepreneurship you will be an excellent position to pursue a career in positions in management within the field of engineering or launch your own start-up.
The course content in Engineering Management and Enterprise specialisation is directly linked to Engineers Australia Executive Engineering Stage 4 accreditation competencies but is not accredited as there is no graduate membership with Engineers Australia in this new professional area of practice (i.e., membership begins at CPEng and then after this stage 3 Executive Engineer). Graduates from this specialisation must submit their own evidence-based industry experience portfolio for membership accreditation review.
Completion of an Australian university three or four year Bachelor degree in the area of engineering in the relevant cognate specialisation (major) OR Completion of an appropriate four year Bachelor degree in the area of engineering in a non-cognate specialisation (major field) + English Language Proficiency
On campus requirementsResidential School/s
Credit for previous study or work
Are you interested in leading complex engineering projects and teams, as well as developing your entrepreneurship skills to effectively drive your own ventures? The Master of Professional Engineering (Engineering Management and Enterprise) is ideal if you have a three or four year engineering degree and want to broaden your career options. Throughout this degree there is an emphasis on practical experience and preparing you thoroughly to take the next step in your engineering career. You will also have the opportunity to apply your formal knowledge to a real world problem by completing a research project and dissertation.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.