Master of Professional Accounting
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 24 Oct 21
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
If you are from a non-accounting background or do not have a CPA Australia accredited undergraduate degree with a major in accounting, the Master of Professional Accounting conversion program will give you the training in accounting and related areas needed to meet the academic requirements for Associate membership with CPA Australia and admission to CPA Australia's CPA Program, and the CA Program of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
This program will enable you to develop the technical and conceptual skills needed to become an accountant and will develop your ability to analyse, critique and synthesise various accounting and related principles, methods and techniques. This program will also provide academic support to help you prepare for CPA Australia's CPA Program and ACCA's professional level examinations.
You will be qualified for work in government administration, business planning, cost and management accounting, auditing, information systems, taxation, finance and banking, stockbroking, treasury, foreign exchange, superannuation, consulting, insurance, and manufacturing.
To be eligible for admission to the Master of Professional Accounting, a student must:
- hold any Bachelor degree from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA 4.0 (using a 7.0 scale).
Students who have completed a degree with accounting studies but not accredited with CPA Australia for Associate membership will be considered for admission.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
To be eligible for the award of Master of Professional Accounting (MProfAcc), a student must acquire 160 credit points as prescribed below:
- gain 120 credit points for core courses andgain 40 credit points for listed electives.
This degree may be awarded with Distinction where a student achieves a minimum program GPA of 6.5 with no failed courses. The words 'This award was achieved with Distinction' will be recorded on the testamur.