Warning! This degree has changed. Read the transition arrangements.
Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Make an investment in your career by choosing an MBA
Propel your career forward with a foundation in contemporary business theory, centred on innovation and strategy. Designed for managers who want to lead, engage with a variety of perspectives, within a framework of sustainable governance practices.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On completion of the degree students will be able to:
- apply a thorough discipline specific foundation of contemporary business theories, concepts and principles in a group or organisational environment; independently identify and investigate a research problem
- create, critically evaluate and reflect upon innovative ideas and strategies within ambiguous and uncertain business environments (including business, government and not-for-profit organisations)
- select appropriate information using technologies; make valid judgments and synthesise information from a range of sources; access, evaluate and synthesise diverse information for intelligent business application
- communicate effectively in ways to appropriately interpret technical and non-technical information to a varied audience, for a range of purposes and to a professional standard
- select and use appropriate technologies and recognise their advantages and limitations
- possess and be able to utilise life-long learning strategies; maintain currency in professional practice
- recognise and apply international perspectives within the business environment; apply international standards of practice and evaluate issues from a variety of perspectives
- develop shared understandings of contemporary relevant issues which demonstrate a high and balanced level of cultural awareness in a diverse cultural business setting
- apply professional skills- team work, leadership and ethical behaviour. Demonstrate, through self-leadership, a duty of care, honesty, integrity, fairness and knowledge of principles and law to uphold the ethical requirements of the profession.
A bachelor degree from a recognised tertiary institution and at least 3 years subsequent, relevant work experience.
Successful completion of Curtin University's Graduate Certificate in Business.
English Proficiency Requirements
Applicants for a MBA are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards (IELTS requirement of 6.5 overall (with no individual band less than 6)).
Please refer to the 'Minimum English Entry Requirements' document at http://students.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/English_List.pdf.
Applicants for a Master Degree are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards; details are provided at https://study.curtin.edu.au/applying/english-language-requirements/accepted-english-proficiency-tests/.
*** Please Note: If any academic or legal document is not in English, you must provide a colour scan of the non-English documents, including a colour scan of the official English translations of these documents. This is for comparison purposes. ***
Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) is assessed on individual merit and is awarded for different types of learning, for example, studies you have previously completed or for relevant work experience.
Students must be admitted in an award degree of study before lodging their completed CRL application, along with all required supporting documentation for a formal assessment.
To apply for CRL, please visit the Curtin University website: https://study.curtin.edu.au/credit/
It is important to note accepted documentation includes scans of the original Transcripts and/or Award Certificate; front and back; in colour; and original size. For further information see the scanned documents and certification requirements and guidelines.
More information about the policies and procedures related to CRL assessment and appealing a CRL assessment outcome can be found in the Credit for Recognised Learning manual (PDF).
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This degree will provide you with a thorough foundation in contemporary business theories emphasising the creation and critical evaluation of innovative ideas and strategies within ambiguous and uncertain business environments. Throughout the degree, students will complete a broad range of high-level, general and specialised business subjects. It is aimed primarily at middle and senior managers looking to improve their standing in industry, combining current business theory and local and international perspectives with hands-on project work and is interwoven with a core set of values reflecting our commitment to ethical and sustainable corporate governance practices. Located in the heart of the Perth CBD, the Curtin Graduate School of Business provides its students with constant exposure to the culture of excellence and you can be assured your MBA will prepare you for the challenges of an ever-changing business environment.
To qualify for the award of Master of Business Administration, students must complete 11 subjects (10 single subjects and 1 double subject).
Master of Business Administration (MBA) has undergone a major change in 2019.
Core subject, MBA600 Marketing for Managers has been retired. It will be replaced by a new subject, MMK500 Discerning Marketing Management. Students who have successfully completed MBA600 will have it counted towards their degree.
We make it easy to apply online through Open Universities Australia.
Choose subjects to begin.
Fill out your details and choose a payment option. You can apply for government funding or pay up-front – all in one place.