Graduate Diploma of Business
Advance your business career towards management
Study business and learn to think and act like a manager—making judgement calls and solving problems. Grasp the essentials of contemporary management. Explore marketing in modern business. Innovate and create. Be ethical and consider sustainability.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the end of the program, students of the Graduate Diploma of Business can:
- Apply high level, independent judgement when analysing and evaluating complex problems to generate creative solutions for business.
- Communicate advance knowledge, concepts and skills to a variety of audiences in business settings.
- Critique complex business issues considering the ethical and social consequence.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of a global body of business knowledge and practice by initiating, planning, implementing and evaluating tasks in a business setting.
Potential careers exist in industry and government, and the course improves people’s ability to run and manage a business, or helps them move into a management role. Graduates are equipped to undertake mid-level management roles in a broad spectrum of industries.
Possible future job titles:Business Analyst, Operations Manager, Executive General Manager, Strategic Manager, Data Analyst, Business Development Manager, Researcher
All applicants are required to have a Bachelor Degree or equivalent prior learning including at least five years appropriate professional experience, with equivalents considered. Alternatively applicants can have a Graduate Certificate in Business, with equivalents considered.
Work and Life
Equivalent prior learning including at least five years relevant professional experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English competency requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page;
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programs defined on the English Proficiency Bands page.
If you're applying for a course and have previous study or professional experience, you may be eligible for what we call 'advanced standing'.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/course-entry/advanced-standing
This course can lead into the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and is designed to give students the skills and knowledge needed to manage successfully in today's organisations.
With flexible study options, the Graduate Diploma of Business builds on knowledge including people management, marketing, professional development and value creation in a business. Graduates will be able to make independent judgments and provide sustainable solutions to contemporary global business issues.
Students are required to complete six units:
- FBL5010 Managing People and Organisations
- FBL5020 Marketing Leadership
- FBL5030 Fundamentals of Value Creation in Business
- MBA6010 Responsible Management
- MBA6012 Understanding Business Decisions
- 1 x Business Elective unit