Graduate Certificate in User Experience Design
Study UX design to create meaningful digital interactions
Learn from industry experts, develop real world skills, and build a portfolio. In this course you’ll explore how to conduct user research and prototype solutions. Become the valued digital specialist who connects the business to their customer.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 03 Jul 22
- 30 Oct 22
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Critique and apply appropriate research tools and methods to identify and articulate a user experience design problem for a range of stakeholders.
- Formulate innovative design solutions which meet business needs using emerging user experience technologies and ethical design practices.
- Communicate design outputs and ideas to stakeholders using various user experience tools, presentation formats and storytelling techniques.
- Apply knowledge and skills in using the tools, processes and approaches to create meaningful digital interactions between a service and a user.
An Australian Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent overseas qualification)
Work and Life
Students who do not meet academic qualifications may be eligible for entrance into this program if they have a minimum of five years’ professional experience in innovation and start-ups, creative practice, digital design studios, human resources, business analysis, management consultancy, process analysis or other similar roles. To have your professional experience considered, you must include in your application a CV and a statement that details your experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
You must meet the University's minimum English language requirements to be eligible for a place in this program.
If you are a local student, refer to the English requirements for postgraduate coursework programs.
Transform your career in User Experience (UX) Design by developing capabilities in design thinking, user research, prototyping, and more. Gain valuable hybrid skills that complement your UX skillset, and graduate with an industry-recognised portfolio.
Recommended Study Pattern
To receive the Graduate Certificate in User Experience Design, students must complete 4 subjects, consisting of:
3 core subjects
- User Experience Practice and Principles
- User Experience Research
- User Experience Design and Prototyping
1 elective subject from the following options
- Future Skills: User Interface Design and Business Analyst Fundamentals
- Future Skills: User Interface Design and Product Management Fundamentals
- Future Skills: Digital Leadership and Digital Delivery with Agile
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate of User Experience Design may also be eligible for a pathway into our Graduate Diploma of Digital Product Design.