The Graduate Certificate in Paediatric Nursing will enable registered nurses to develop advanced knowledge and specialist skills in the paediatric nursing environment.
Please note that successful completion of this program does not lead to eligibility to apply for registration as a nurse. Prospective students seeking eligibility to apply for registration should refer to the Bachelor of Nursing.
You will have clinical specialist skills in the area of paediatric nursing and will be able to expect increased professional recognition, mobility and an enhanced ability to remain in employment.
Graduates from the Graduate Certificate in Paediatric Nursing may apply for entry to the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Paediatric Nursing, applicants will require the following:
- hold a Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent degree from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) AND
- current or temporary unrestricted registration as a nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Degrees from overseas institutions must be assessed as equivalent to a recognised Australian Bachelor-level degree.
The School of Nursing and Midwifery has instituted a Recognition of Prior Experience (RPE) procedure for registered nurses who do not have an undergraduate qualification. Applicants will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate eligibility requirements. The School of Nursing and Midwifery will determine eligibility for admission into the requested program based on application, curriculum vitae and referee reports.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 7.0 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 7.0
- OR a minimum score of 580 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 92 (no score less than 22)
- OR no score less than 4 in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- OR an overall score of 65 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 58.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
The Direct Entry Program (DEP) pathway is not accepted for this program.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Paediatric Nursing (GCertPaedN), a student must acquire 40 credit points as prescribed below:
- gain 40 credit points for prescribed core subjects.