Graduate Certificate in Clinical Leadership
Take the temperature of the healthcare industry
Take a deep dive into healthcare reform. Explore contemporary issues around leadership, research, evidence and transformation. Develop your management skills. Understand what change management looks like for health service organisations.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 18 Oct 20
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Along with giving you a formal qualification in management, Griffith’s Graduate Certificate in Clinical Leadership will build on your understanding of how health service organisations work. You’ll be equipped to deal with contemporary issues surrounding clinical leadership, innovation and reform, both nationally and internationally. You’ll study and critique contemporary issues associated with leadership, research, evidence and reform of healthcare organisations and systems.
This program will help you develop your management skills and gain the confidence to lead change. It's ideal for clinicians, health management professionals, science and information engineering professionals and those working in corporate roles within healthcare organisations with responsibilities in managing information.
This program will prepare you to take the next step in your health career within health organisations in key areas such as clinical transformation, clinical governance and policy, and interpreting data and evidence. You will have the specialist skills to add to your existing health management, clinical, science or information engineering role, or take on specialist roles such as clinical change manager, project manager, or health information manager.
Students who complete this degree may be eligible for membership to the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM).
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Leadership, a student should:
- hold a Bachelor degree in a health-related field (Public Health, Health Services Management, Allied Health, Environmental Health, Dentistry, Medicine, Midwifery, Nursing); OR
Work and Life
- have a minimum of five years equivalent full-time work experience in administrative, management and leadership roles within health care organisations. Students would be expected to have career goals to work in health-related organisations.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Students who successfully complete the Direct Entry Program (DEP) will satisfy the English Language requirements for this Griffith degree.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Clinical Leadership (GCertClinLead), a student must acquire 40 credit points as prescribed below:
- gain 40 credit points for the core courses.