Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Psychology)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon completion of the Honours program, graduates should be able to:
1. demonstrate high levels of proficiency in research and specific methodology including research planning and implementation, analysis, interpretation and evaluation of research results, and the presentation and communication of research findings
2. demonstrate a commitment to the ethical and social responsibilities of a practising scientist
3. develop the professional identity that leads to autonomy, well-developed judgement, adaptability and responsibility as a practitioner or scientist in their discipline
4. analyse critically, evaluate and transform information in order to develop solutions to complex problems in their chosen specialist area
5. demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills for work as a Professional or to proceed to PhD study subject to competitive evaluation of qualifications
Once you are provisionally registered, you may work with an approved supervisor (supervising psychologist approved by the Psychology Board of Australia) in any field that a psychologist is employed. Carer opportunities within the public and private health system, non-government community organisations, correction services, child protection services, and private practice await!
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) Psychology is fully accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) as a fourth-year program in psychology.
Higher education via OUARecently completed APAC-accredited 3-year Psychology program + GPA over 5.00 in Psychology units
Credit for previous study or work
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) majoring in Psychology gives you the opportunity to extend your knowledge and skills in professional areas of psychology such as counselling, ethics, assessment, and intervention as well as your research skills. This degree involves both coursework and a research project conducted under the supervision of a staff member. The skills you will learn will help you gain the competencies necessary to be an effective scientist-practitioner.