Bachelor of Information Technology
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 14 Nov 21
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
In a world dominated by computers and software, being able to read and write code is a relevant and important skill. Your UniSA Online courses cover fundamental programming constructs that you can apply to a host of programming languages, such as Python. As an IT graduate, you’ll leave with the skills to design and deliver effective solutions to solve organisational problems. You can also broaden your job opportunities by selecting one minor from a different discipline, such as business, data analytics, digital design, or management.
You'll learn to:
- design, implement and test small and large software systems.
- evaluate the impact of contemporary cybersecurity threats within an organisational context.
- discover common Agile principles and methodologies including the Scrum process.
- enhance your problem-solving skills and tackle challenges from a range of perspectives using design thinking principles.
Every organisation today needs a team of IT and computer experts to keep its systems running. You can find work in almost every industry including financial services, entertainment, government, hospitality, healthcare, agriculture, manufacturing, and retail. This is a broad and generalist IT degree allowing you to take your career in several different directions.
A UniSA Online IT degree can help you pursue the following careers:
- software developer
- cybersecurity analyst
- full-stack developer
- IT consultant
- systems analyst
- computer programmer
- user interface developer
- network analyst
This UniSA Online degree is currently available for Commonwealth supported students.
Applicants are required to fulfil at least one of the following requirements with a competitive result and meet any other academic requirements for the program:
- successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider
- completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above
- passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience
- completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification
- completed a UniSA Foundation Studies Program or equivalent
- qualified for Special Entry
Information regarding credit can be found here:
Study Information Technology On Demand with UniSA Online and take full control over your study. Access support seven days a week, plan your study to fit around your life, view learning resources 24/7, and log into the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
Technology is reshaping the workforce, redefining jobs, and creating new roles never seen before. Your IT degree provides you with a broad skillset to help you build a rewarding career in this fast-moving and dynamic sector.
Study a range of IT courses that will give you a solid foundation in networking, database development, programming fundamentals, and systems analysis and design. Gain the skills to design, implement and test small and large software systems. Learn to configure and administer complex computer and database systems. Examine how organisations design, manage and use information systems and technology as an important corporate resource.
The flexibility of this 100% online degree puts you in control of when and where you study. UniSA Online provide personalised and extended-hour support so you have the best chance to succeed and thrive in your studies.
Recommended Study Pattern
Note: The program structure is subject to change at any time. Information correct as at March 2021.
- Information Technology Fundamentals (INFT 1024)
- Design Thinking and Digital Innovation (INFS 1023)
- Problem Solving and Programming (COMP 1043)
- Data Driven Web Technologies (INFT 1032)
- System Requirements and User Experience (INFS 1029)
- Object Oriented Programming (COMP 1048)
- System Requirement Practice (INFS 1027)
- System Design and Realisation (INFS 2048)
- Business Intelligence (INFS 2038)
- System Design Practice (INFS 2047)
- Network Fundamentals (INFT 1026)
- Enterprise Systems (INFT 3045)
- Agile Development and Governance (INFS 2046)
- Cloud Platforms (INFT 2066)
- Security Principles (INFS 3086)
- Strategic Management (BUSS 3097)
- Big Data Basics (INFS 3084)
- Business Resilience (INFS 3085)
- ICT Project (Part 1) (INFT 3039)
- ICT Project (Part 2) (INFT 3040)
- Elective x2