Bachelor of Information Technology (Software Application Development)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
At the completion of this program, students should be able to:
1. incorporate concepts of professionalism, cultural awareness, and technical practice within the IT work environment;
2. effectively communicate (both written and verbally) and employ appropriate interpersonal skills;
3. understand and employ broad and coherent theoretical and technical knowledge with depth in one of the following discipline areas: software application development, artificial intelligence and data science, networking and cyber security;
4. analyse, problem solve, generate and recommend solutions to unpredictable and sometimes complex ICT problems either individually or in teams;
5. apply technical knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgment and responsibility;
6. apply effective project management tools and techniques to technology initiatives.
Graduates can find work as a software developer, software programmer, IT systems manager, database system developer and manager, or app developer in a range of industries, such as precision agriculture or engineering firms, insurance or banking.
Our Bachelor of Information Technology degree is accredited at professional level by the Australian Computer Society (ACS) and, through the Seoul Accord, is recognised in other countries. The Seoul Accord is a multi-lateral agreement that allows ACS accreditation to be recognised globally. This means when you graduate, your degree will be recognised by other countries who are members of the Accord.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Exemptions/credit will be assessed based on the UniSQ Credit and Exemption Procedure. Claims for credit for previous study should be submitted prior to or at the time of enrolment. Each claim will be assessed on individual merit in line with UniSQ policy.
Be at the forefront of technical solutions and take the first step toward a diverse and rewarding career as a software developer. The Software Application Development major allows you to explore web technology, techniques and database systems; to learn how to plan and manage large software projects; and provides a rounded skillset ready for the workforce. At UniSQ you will grow your interpersonal skills, work collaboratively to explore creative ways to solve problems through coding, and gain hands-on work-integrated learning experience and connect with our industry partners during a final-year capstone course.