Bachelor of Information Technology
Bridge the gap between the classroom and the IT industry
Establish solid foundations in systems and coding. Consider a major including networks and security, or software development. Progress to work integrated learning where you get job-ready, applying theory to practice, forming new connections.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 14 Nov 21
- 24 Oct 21
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Be at the forefront of a constantly developing industry, ready to help shape the future. With this degree, you'll achieve a high level of core IT technical knowledge and a major specialisation, ensuring you're prepared for a career across a vast number of roles and industries.
You'll learn in purpose-built, industry-leading facilities crafted to reflect genuine workplaces. From our Big Data Visualisation Lab to our virtual reality, augmented reality, gamification and robotics labs, you will have ample opportunity to enhance your learning through cutting-edge technology.
Throughout this degree, you'll be learning from world-class researchers and lecturers who have sent robots into space and predicted the outcome of federal elections using big data.
Depending on your major, you may find a job as a systems analyst, business analyst, software developer, database administrator, systems administrator, network and security administrator, network architect, technical writer, web developer, app developer, game developer, computer engineer, educator or researcher. You'll be prepared for a career in commerce, industry, corporate IT, government or private consulting.
OP (Overall Position): 15
The Griffith University's Undergraduate Programs Admission Policy will apply.
VET qualification, Certificate III
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
For the award of Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT), you must successfully complete 240 credit points, made up of the core courses AND
- 60 credit points for one major or
- if you elect not to complete a major, you will complete 60 credit points from the specified list;
- 50 credit points of free-choice electives.
This degree may be awarded with Distinction where a student achieves a minimum program GPA of 6.5 with no failed courses. The words 'This award was achieved with Distinction' will be recorded on the testamur.
Degree structure can be found here