Bachelor of Health Science (Aesthetics)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready. During this course you will:
- Perform and co-ordinate various dermal treatments to meet industry standards.
- Develop treatment plans aligned to clients specific needs and expectations.
- Understand skin health protocols and how they impact different skin types and conditions.
- Stay on the frontline of innovative industry developments.
This course will set you up to confidently work in the beauty industry. Upon graduation you can find work in beauty salons, day spas and other facilities which promote health and wellness. Potential career paths include:
- Dermal Therapist
- Clinic Practice Manager
- Industry Influencer
Professional recognitionASDC accredited This course is accredited by the Australian Society of Dermal Clinicians.
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification
- Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent
- Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above
Work and Life
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
Standard English language requirements apply.
Visit our admissions centre for more information: https://www.torrens.edu.au/how-to-apply/admissions-criteria
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
You’ll be able to gain 65 hours clinical experience at an external organisation of your choice, and you'll also undertake 50 hours of Work-Integrated Learning at our student-led clinic The Practice Wellbeing Centre.
Mandatory Practical Residentials:
- PCP206- 3 day residential
- MAT106- 4 day residential
- APT107- 5 day residential + 25 hours external placement
- APT207- 2 day residential
- AET208- 2 day residential
- ADA303- 3 day residential
- ABA302- 3 day residential
- MSP304- 2 day residential
- PCP307- 40 hours external placement"
With a foundation of biology knowledge and communication skills, this degree develops your understanding of a range of aesthetic principles, technologies and innovations, and teaches you to incorporate them into professional practice. The practical elements of this course will take place in our collaborative student-led clinic on the Brisbane campus, offering clients a range of treatments so you can confidently begin work in the beauty therapy industry.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: 3 years full time, part-time options available
Recommended Study Pattern
This course comprises 24 subjects (10 credit points each).
The course of study is made up of 20 core subjects (200 credit points), which provides students with a foundation in dermal science and 4 elective subjects outlined in the course structure (40 points), however students may choose electives from other TUA undergraduate courses, that have been approved by the Program Director (pre-requisites and levels permitting).