Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Power Engineering)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Display coherent and comprehensive knowledge of historical, contemporary and emerging theories and concepts that underpin relevant engineering disciplines.
- Recognise the social purpose of engineering and analyse the relationship between human-made products and systems, and community needs.
- Apply well-researched, innovative, industry-relevant systems approaches to solve a range of engineering problems, and to address issues of sustainable practice in diverse environmental, technical and social contexts.
- Apply relevant project management skills and formulate design processes to enable the delivery of engineering projects within given project constraints.
- Make appropriate autonomous judgements by critically evaluating evidence, identifying and analysing ethical issues and applying cultural competencies, including those relevant to indigenous peoples.
- Communicate effectively in English and interpret information for diverse audiences using a range of high-level oral, written and technology-based approaches; and apply effective competencies as a leader, team member and individual within the professional domain.
- Engage in lifelong learning through critical reflection, and be accountable for their personal and professional actions by managing and monitoring personal performance.
You will be prepared to take on the challenges of modern power engineering with practical experience working with transformers, transmission lines and rotating machines. You can apply your skills to companies in the mining, coal seam gas and electronic industries as an Electrical Power Engineer in the fields of electricity supply, distribution and protection, generation, transportation and solar and renewable industries.
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) program, you will be eligible to apply for graduate membership with Engineers Australia as a Graduate Professional Engineer. After gaining experience working in your field in industry, you can apply for Stage 1 Professional Engineer (MIEAust), and after this for chartered status as a Professional Engineer (CPEng); and with extensive career experience Executive Engineer (ExecEng) accreditation. You will also have the opportunity to work overseas, with your accreditation recognised in the countries that are signatories to the Washington Accord.
ATAR/Selection Rank + Mathematical Methods Subject pre-requisite + English Subject pre-requisite English Language Proficiency
On campus requirementsResidential School/s + Work Integrated Learning
Credit for previous study or work
Be a part of the future of power engineering and gain the experience to work in major corporations with UniSQ’s Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Power Engineering). Apply your knowledge through practical work experience and final year research project, allowing you to use the skills you’ve gained on a project you’re passionate about. Previous students have produced projects in the fields of a smart grid for future electricity distribution, micro-grids, energy storage the development of test equipment for the capture of generator transient data and VSD impact on LV power system and motors.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.