Bachelor of Design and Interactive Technologies (Digital Media)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
100% online study with practicum placement
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the Bachelor of Design and Interactive Technologies program, students should be able to:
1. use advanced studio-based knowledge, technical proficiency, and develop an individual work ethic necessary for practice as a skilled, professional digital media specialist;
2. examine the historical, ideological, critical, cultural and ethical perspectives in the fields of digital media and interactive technologies, both historically and in contemporary cultural, social contexts and industry;
3. apply a high level of critical and reflexivity and reflectivity in the design, implementation and evaluation of individual and group digital media projects with an ability to adapt knowledge and skills in problem solving;
4. flexibly and innovatively integrate digital media concepts and practice in their work with the wider community, and in a range of professional industries;
5. use a range of verbal, written and visual communicative forms that will enable effective and articulate engagement with relevant organisations, industry bodies and professional networks;
6. actively engage in the pursuit of ongoing research in the interactive media and design and their role in cultural growth.
This degree presents many career possibilities, including motion graphics and animation; virtual reality and augmented systems; 2D and 3D design; digital projects, content and technology management; interactive environmental design; and as an interactive media creative artist.
ATAR/Selection Rank + Interview + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Access a global career network with skills in interactive and digital technologies when studying UniSQ’s Bachelor of Design and Interactive Technologies (Digital Media). Develop your creativity as well as analytical and technical skills, and build a portfolio of work in digital media and interactive system design, animation and production, and digital media content/project management. The studio-based practical components in this degree will ensure you graduate ready to meet industry requirements and engage in specific aspects of contemporary digital media practice.