Bachelor of Communication and Media (Digital Media)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program students should be able to:
• Communicate with high degree of clarity and coherence focusing on specific recipients using professional or technical language;
• Identify and evaluate the communication processes in a range of industry settings using oral, written, and digital channels;
• Solve problems using critical and reflective approaches informed by communication theory, ethical and social responsibilities;
• Select and apply industry relevant communication practices in authentic settings that are collaborative, innovative, and future-focused;
• Value cultural awareness and diversity and advocate within teams, communities, and workplace settings;
• Critically examine and describe the theoretical issues, problems and methodologies used within the communication professions.
Graduates have a broad range of career options across diverse sectors including government, private and not-for-profit, and throughout corporate and creative industries. Career outcomes include motion graphics creator, animator; virtual reality and augmented systems designer; 2D and 3D designer; digital project creator, content and technology manager; and interactive environmental designer.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Digital Media is a dynamic and fast-paced specialism, and graduates must have a range of skills and knowledge to be ready to join this ever-changing field. Built to ensure graduates have developed a diverse skillset, you will explore topics such as graphic design and digital art practice, create in the modelling studio, and learn about motion design and design science. You can also combine this major with an additional major from the Bachelor of Communication and Media or choose from a diverse list of 4-unit minors to position yourself strategically in the job market.