Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology (Honours)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
100% online study with practicum placement
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of the program graduates should be able to:
1. Apply proficient levels of discipline knowledge and skills relevant to health, exercise and fitness across the lifespan of an individual.
2. Compare and contrast exercise related issues and circumstances of individuals and groups, including sports performers and those with disabilities, chronic diseases and from a range of age groups across the lifespan of an individual.
3. Apply highly-developed practical skills relevant to laboratory, clinical and field situations in the sport and exercise area.
4. Display evidence-based practice, good communication skills, professional development and research.
5. Critically analyse levels of safe, professional and ethical practice displayed in interactions with clients from a range of populations, and a variety of contexts, across the lifespan of an individual.
Graduate as an exercise physiologist, with the ability to be accredited with Exercise and Sport Science Australia. You can apply for a Medicare provider number and be recognised by private health funds for exercise physiology sessions. Accredited exercise physiologists work across many areas of clinical care, including in cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, musculoskeletal injury management, occupational health and work injury rehabilitation, cancer care, neurological rehabilitation, metabolic disease, renal disease, mental health care, and chronic, complex disease management.
The Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology (Honours) is accredited with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) at the level of Accredited Exercise Physiologist.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Residential School/s + Placement
Credit for previous study or work
Study with one of the few university degrees in Australia to offer a four-year undergraduate pathway to allied health practice. Our Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology (Honours) integrates not only academic learning through practical and theoretical expertise, but additionally, a research component which allows you to refine your research skills and experience, and open a myriad of career opportunities. This degree is the professional qualification you need to obtain accreditation as an exercise physiologist, and will provide the competencies to design, deliver and evaluate exercise interventions for people with medical conditions, injuries, or disabilities.