Associate Degree of Communication Design
Confidence with design tools and processes
Build a repertoire of design skills and theory. You’ll use your free Adobe Creative Cloud Pro licence to work with clients on industry briefs. Make an impact with clear and creative design work in this DIA-recognised course.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready. During this course you will:
- Explore typography, image generation and information design.
- Explore packaging and branded environment design and learn how products and places can be designed for end user needs.
- Refine strategic thinking and brand development skills.
- Focus on creating messages for a range of audiences.
- Apply theoretical and technical knowledge to real-world problems.
The Associate Degree of Communication Design is designed to provide graduates with a broad theoretical and technical base of visual communication design knowledge and skills, complemented with some specialist expertise to for graduate‐level employment in generalist and specialist communication design roles, including:
- Design strategist Branding and identity designer
- Design thinking generalist
- User experience designer
- Interface designer
- Web and interaction designer
- Book and publication designer
- Information architect
- Environmental designer
- Photography assistant
- Marketing and promotions assistant
- Art director
- Visual Communication and graphic designer
- Finished artist and production assistant
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification.
- Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above .
Work and Life
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Visit our admissions centre for more information: https://www.torrens.edu.au/how-to-apply/admissions-criteria
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
This qualification is designed to provide graduates with a broad theoretical and technical base of visual communication design knowledge and skills, closely aligned with industry demands and expectations. The Associated Degree of Communication Design enables opportunity for discipline-specific enquiry into a complementary specialist area, leading either to entry‐level employment in the design sector or to further specialised design study at a bachelor level.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: 2 years full time, 4 years part time
Recommended Study Pattern
The course structure comprises six common core subjects, six specialised and four elective subjects over Levels 100 and 200, as follows:
- Level 100: three common core subjects; four specialised subjects; one elective subject
- Level 100/200: one elective subject can be taken at either Level 100 or 200
- Level 200: three common core; two specialised subjects; two elective subjects